Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Just got on here and realized it has been a year and half since I posted a blog! I have been feeling like I have lost my writing mojo....nothing to write about, nothing funny to say. But.....I'm BAAACCCKKK!!

Let's start this off with a Thankful Thursday post. Here are some things I am thankful for:

1. My health. Even though I have Crohn's I feel like I am relatively healthy. Have been reading lots of blogs about people with Crohn's and it could be so much worse! I am actually very lucky, and am thankful for that. Also, have been reading lots of blogs of people with Crohn's who run marathons!! I didn't know this was possible. Maybe I should start making Crohn's my bitch and run at least a 5K or something.....Or, maybe I should walk it.....Maybe eating chips and watching the Kardashians would be enough to make Crohn's my bitch?

2. I don't really watch the Kardashians and am thankful I do not have a bubble butt and an amazon for a sister.

3. I am thankful for a very productive yard sale during the Threshermans. In particular for the carload of Mexicans that came, bought several large trash bags full of clothes and then asked if they could dig up some of my surprise lilies and pay me for them. Here's a shovel!! Dig away!! Also, lets turn on the AC in the restaurant, this is not Mexico land, we do not like to sweat waiting for our burritos, the box fan is not cuttin it.

4. Every few years or so, the planets line up and the gates to heaven open and the angels sing Hallelujah. Yes, yes, this is the year my birthday is on Mardi Gras. I guess sometimes God thinks I deserve a parade, what can I say? I am Joe Ferrero's girlfriend you know!

5. One last thankful and speaking of the Man, the Myth, the Legend, I will be very thankful when we are living in the same town. This shit is for the birds. Although I am enjoying visiting Colorado. If I ever live there, I am wearing cowboy boots everyday. I think this will help me attract those cowboy butts that drive me nuts. Just for looking! Let's not start a small town rumor here.

Happy Thursday everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. I need someone, anyone, a carload of whomever to come buy garbage bags full of my junk. I'm glad you are writing again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ydog!! Glad to see you back. Now I can follow what you are doing without having to ask Missy what's going on with Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your writing! You should write a book of ydogisms. I'd buy it! I would pay good money for it!

    ReplyDelete