Friday, January 8, 2010

Suprise!!

Went to let the dogs out after work today. Walked in. Whats that smell? Surprise! Puppy dogs had explosive hind ends all day while being kenneled. Yea for me. Both of them are covered in brown. Tried to stay away from their back ends because I was scared of the explosions. Where in the heck is The Redhead? Attempted to give them a bath. Did not go so well as their back ends had multiple explosions and we had to make emergency runs out into the snow. Good thing it was snow because I could tell where all the explosions happened.

Called The Redhead. Promised he would be home in 20 minutes to deal with the kennel. Don't think he understood when I said "explosive". I meant EXPLOSIVE! As in your gonna have to wipe down the walls and the couch probably needs a new home in the dumpster. Finally gave bath #1. The poor pups were so sad. They thought they were in trouble for "messing" their kennel. They wanted to cuddle at a time when cuddling would mean me wearing a biohazard suit. I attempted to corral the puppies in the bathroom until The Redhead got home to deal with the situation at ground zero kennel. In the meantime I sprayed down a hankerchef with Febreeze and tied it around my nose. I stayed locked in the bathroom except for emergency runs outside with wet puppy dogs who at this point were so cold their legs were shaking.

Called the Redhead again. Says he is 20 minutes away. Once again emphasized the explosion at ground zero kennel. Don't think I got through. Gave the puppies bath #2 cause...what else are you going to do locked in a bathroom with a Febreeze rag on your face. 20 minutes later called The Redhead again. I'm starting to become irritable. He says he will be there in 10 minutes. Well, at least he is getting closer. The explosions are starting to decrease. Puppy dogs are very sad and very tired. They had a bad day. A really bad day. Don't know what time the kennel turned into a mine field. By the looks of it I am thinking it started about 5 minutes after they got in there. Poor things.

Finally, The Redhead pulls in. He witnesses a few explosions in the snow. "Whoa" he says. (except with a few more cuss words) Walks inside to ground zero kennel. Holy crap this is bad!! (except a lot more cuss words) I tried to tell him. I offer him my Febreeze rag. Doesn't want it. Don't puke I say. He almost puked twice.

So glad I waited in the bathroom and didn't attempt to resurrect a new kennel at ground zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment