Monday, January 18, 2010

25 Random Facts

1. I love office supplies. A new red pen makes my day. A crisp new general ledger pad is heaven. And don't even get me started about a freshly sharpened pencil.

2. I love small town living. I like hearing the Threshermans from my window. I like how everybody knows you and who your parents are. I like being close to horses and cows and chickens. The only bad thing about small towns is the fine tuned "small town rumor mill"....man that thing works good!

3. The fiddle is my favorite instrument. I bought one off ebay. I haven't learned it yet.

4. When I was a kid at Easter time my Granny would make a cake in the shape of a lamb and cover it in light blue icing and coconut. I always asked for the face.

5. I love horses. I started my "horse fund" at age 6 in an empty margarine bowl. At age 28 I took my margarine bowl and bought Bo Didley. Bo Didley has a lower lip that hangs lower that his upper lip. It appears that he is chewing tobacco.

6. At the age of 3 I had heart surgery to repair a hole in my heart caused from a birth defect. They used a piece of plastic the size of a quarter to patch the hole. Also, years later, during a checkup echocardiogram, the nurse said the doctor didn't put my heart back in the right place. Holy crap! Put it back where you found it!

7. I have had one of my best friends since birth. We have pictures together in a playpen. I am pretty sure we will be friends forever...unless she tries to steal my kool aid stand secrets.

8. My "city cousin" used to spend a week with me every summer. She brought at least 10 different stuffed animals and convinced me to be not so nice to my brother and his cabbage patch doll....Boy.

9. My favorite alcoholic drink is red bull and vodka. It makes me very happy.

10. My favorite non alcoholic drink is fresh iced tea

11. Every year I have a "Guns and Wine" party at my parents house. The girls drink wine and the boys shoot guns. It is very sophisticated....you can't hang.

12. I play BINGO at least once a month or so. I sit by my friend Louise. She is 94 claims she NEVER wins...she just donates. I also have BINGO bullies. Sometimes they cuss me out for talking too loud.

13. I am an accountant but what I really want to do is manage a horse stable...there is kinda a shortage of those around here

14. Around January I am loving tax season...around March I am ready for the Red Lobster tax day celebration

15. I can't wait for the Polish Parade. How much fun is that!

16. I have toenails that curl up. They are quit small and funny looking. Its genetic...thanks Dad

17. My Crohn's disease has been in remission for 2.5 years!!! Kudos to my doctors for finally getting my drug cocktail right. Lets drink a red bull and vodka to that!

18. I have met Dierks Bentley. He gave me two hugs and knew how to spell my name without instruction.

19. My friend Sarah and I went through high school and college together...chose the same major....went to grad school together and now work together....she is such a copycat

20. I love to mow grass....but absolutely hate to use the weed eater

21. If it was socially acceptable...I would dress like a cowboy everyday...and would demand the same from my boyfriend.

22. I love to read. I read the first three Twilight books in a week. While reading the fourth...I got depressed cause it was almost over....so I stretched that one to two weeks.

23. I am the shortest person in my family. My dad is 6'4" my brother 6'5" and my mom beat me by 1/4 inch at 5'9"

24. I have a hard time trusting God and try to do things myself...which sometimes makes a big mess....He has really been working with me on that one

25. I really believe everything happens for a reason and sometimes only God knows what that reason is.

No comments:

Post a Comment